Friday, February 8, 2008

BLOG REFLECTION FEBRUARY 2008

This week I’ve attempted to start the writing process around my key concepts and policy backdrop. I’ve used the key theoretical concepts outlined in this essay before, so am familiar with them and consequently, my writing may seem quite polished. However, I intend to rewrite these sections as the weeks go on and my thinking evolves. I often find it difficult to start something new, and therefore I may take small chunks of writing from related and good quality pieces writing that I have previously undertaken in order to avoid staring at a blank page. I find it much easier, when getting started on something new, to evolve an existing piece of work, than to start again from scratch. Perhaps that explains why to some extent I see writing as a sort of jigsaw puzzle, which just needs the right pieces slotted into the appropriate places and then it will work.

Fellow bloggers – please comment on key policies that you think may be more relevant to this writing than widening participation policy. However, if you think widening participation policy is relevant at this time, then please say so!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi again Kate...
One thing that has been said to me is that perhaps you could say a little bit more about yourself? Who you are and why you are doing this - perhaps. May be also a few words on other things that you are doing?
Apparently the Lit Review is really efficient and gets under way at such a pace ... perhaps people feel that you do not need any help.
Best
Sandra