Sunday, April 13, 2008

BLOG REFLECTION FOR APRIL 11th 2008

This week I have attempted to re-structure some of the literature review so that the relevant blog reflection links are under the corresponding writing – I hope this makes it easier to navigate. Any comments on the current structure would be gratefully received. I’ve also added in a draft bibliography which still needs a few references added to it but is largely in place. Finally, in terms of writing, I’ve looked at one of the key reading strategies, in an attempt to highlight the extent to which this sort of strategy can be empowering for both non-traditional and traditional students. Whilst this sort of method can seem perhaps mechanical, I’ve argued that it can be a way in for students who are less confident in their academic writing; after all, the quality of the reading and subsequent note making tends to impact on the quality of academic writing. Next week I intend to finish off the first draft and then turn my attention to the re-writing process. Any comments or questions would be very helpful.

No comments: